Monday, August 30, 2010

Changes...but all is Honky Dory

It's been months since I last blogged.
I experienced some "stuff" and it's my nature to go within when dealing. But, I am back and ready to be consistent with blogging again.




This summer has been a summer of making so many decisions. My cancer scare in December turned into a hysterectomy. And the timing sucked! It was scheduled 5 days before opening season of my market. I cried like a baby! LOL

I thought I could be super woman and hire some help and show up on opening day. Ha ha, that was a fantasy! But, I did make myself go back into production 7 days post op and with help made it for the second weekend of the season. That's all behind me now and I feel much better.

I am curious how others handle their online stores when life throws something at you. I closed it for 10 days and then reopened. I had requests for custom orders and did manage to fill them. But, I never told anyone I was, well, exhausted! It seemed like it may have been unprofessional to explain that I was in recovery and could not do something. So, I kept plugging away. The best thing about surgery is you get to nap. I have never been a napper and man oh man did I LOVE my naps!



I share studio space with two other artisans. Well, lots of changes there. Molly got married and moved away a few weeks ago. CarolLynn is having a fantastic year. She had baby Cora late winter and her husband just graduated from Law school. He found a job a few hours from here, so they bought a house closer to work and are moving.

Aren't mom and daughter so pretty! Baby Cora is at the studio everyday. I am getting a kick out of watching her develop. She is a genius!!! Just ask her parents, they will agree! She is a very smiley baby and is so fun to be around.




So, I again am moving my studio. I am going to bring it back to the house. I think my kitty, Luna, will be happy for the company. As I write she is laying across my neck...such a lovey dovey.

Summer shows have been great. They started out slow this year but picked up nicely. Etsy became busier this summer than the prior years. So, I ended up dropping my Sunday show. Being a one woman act here I just could not keep up. As Martha Stewart would say "That's a good thing".

Hope all of you are having a good summer!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Glad to see you are back! Sorry to hear about your surgery, but I hope you are feeling better.
Your work is beautiful it is no wonder you are doing so well with your sales, keep it up!

Celtic Cat said...

So glad to see you are back. Hugs and good vibes going your way.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back. Hope you are recovering nicely from your surgery.

gypsy moon designs said...

Hugs everyone! : )
Thanks for the warm wishes!

Countries that wear my designs!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com