Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Apple Seed necklace

I can't believe opening day for Missoula Saturday Market is almost here! I have so much to do by May 1st.

It took me all week to complete my Apple Seed necklace. I worked on it in between filling orders for my Etsy shop and working on a custom necklace.



Every year prior to opening day I tell myself I will be better prepared. The last few weeks I have been creating more complex designs. This necklace is the most time consuming. It never fails first day of market on of regular customers inquires about it. So, it feels great to have it done.

There are around 350 apple seeds that are dried and shellacked. I get them from vintage necklaces of the 1970's. The stones of Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli, Carnelian and Amber look so yummy and earthy against the browns of the seeds.

Multi strand apple seed necklace can be purchased at my shop Gypsy Moon Designs.

Better get back to creating!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Such a great piece! Good luck with your show.

Annesphamily said...

Wow! What a wonderful piece! Thanks for sharing!

Celtic Cat said...

Awesome piece!

gypsy moon designs said...

Merci! : )

Steve said...

So creative.. never thought a necklace could be created with apple seeds. Looks very attractive & stylish.

I am a research analyst and keep browsing the internet frequently for unique & creative items. Sometime back found omericaorganic.com. Liked their stuff too ..their jewelry is also very interesting.

Countries that wear my designs!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com