Saturday, October 24, 2009

First model shoot

Last Sunday I had my first model shoot for my jewelry. To make my model and and her friend comfortable I created an atmosphere of a garden party. I used my purple velvet table cloth for craft shows and set out bowls of snacks and had juices and teas. I wanted it to be as cozy as possible.
To tell you the truth I was very nervous! I have no clue what I am doing. So, before Anya and her friend Becky arrived I went through fashion magazines looking for poses that would work well for jewelry. I tore the pages out and had them on the table next to all the jewelry I wanted to photograph.It was a beautiful fall day with warm sunshine while I was setting up for the shoot. About 20 minutes before the ladies arrival the sky became gloomy and threaten rain. Overcast is great for photography but I felt rushed out of fear of rain.
When I edited the photos I created a soft blur around Anya's face. My thought process is that I want the jewelry to pop more the model. Who knows, it is all trial and error!

I learned so much that day and have so much more to learn. It was great fun and I am so glad Anya agreed to do it. It didn't feel like work at all and I had so much fun with her and Becky. Next time I am going to get Becky to do some posing too!

6 comments:

Celtic Cat said...

Well Done!

Elise said...

looks great - your thoughtfulness paid off ! well done

Gypsy Moon Designs said...

Merci! : )

sassyglassdesigns said...

Very nice - I wish I had a model - hubby just refuses :-).

Julie Magers Soulen said...

That's a great way to show off your work. BTW, love the turquoise.

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography
Blog of Note

Micah said...

Nice post... I'm very amazed with the content of your blog. Looks like you are really putting hard work on it. I'd surely visit here often. You can come by my site if you want, it's mainly about Engagement Rings. Thanks!

Countries that wear my designs!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com