Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gothic Victorian Lotus necklaces

One of the benefits to selling at a weekly craft show is getting feedback from customers. By mid-summer I started focusing on designs for this holiday season that I would list on my Etsy shop. This Lotus Necklace design was very popular. I found these large hand painted charms in several colors and the customers loved the look.
October is my favorite month, when the air becomes crisp and the leaves are blowing about. I know it's time to pull out my velvet skirts and dresses. Fall is when I become so homesick for Taos, New Mexico. Roasted green chilies bought from roadside stands, Aspen trees shimmering golden in the afternoon light. Once the snow falls it is very common to see free spirited women in velvet dresses and skirts with big ole' snow boots on and there stunning jewelry. In the Southwest just running errands around town is a reason to wear your favorite goodies.

But, back to the Lotus necklace. This statement necklace is a perfect accessory for that velvet party dress. I created this Gothic Victorian design in three color choices, Burgundy, Chartreuse and Scarlet. I can't resist adding a touch of sparkle, so I dangled complimenting colors of Swarovski crystals.

Hmmm....where did I put those velvet skirts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous...love it that you can make them in different colors. You know there are some really great paints out there now that are supposed to work great on metal - you could actually paint your own colors.

My show is this weekend - wish me luck...check out a preview of my displays on my blog today - what do you think? Any tips for a successful show?

AgelessThings said...

Hi
Just stopping to say hi and say I love where you are going with your wonderful jewelry!
Love your web site too.
Edyie

Countries that wear my designs!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com