Friday, March 18, 2011

Big Cartel and ArtFire

Last week I signed up with the handcraft website ArtFire and listed 30 items for sales. I also joined Big Cartel with 25 items listed so far.

Well, after a week I can say that Big Cartel has had many more views than ArtFire.
That actually surprised me a bit. Big Cartel is a shopping cart and not a shopping mall like Etsy or Art Fire. I expected more views from ArtFire.



Chunky ammonite and turquoise necklace

I will watch both sites traffic for a few weeks. But, I think I will be focusing on Big Cartel.

I can't say enough good things about Big Cartel! They have excellent customer service. I have emailed them twice with a question. They respond back in a very timely manner and always have the answer you are looking for.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I had a Artfire shop but it did not work out for me. I will have to check out Big Cartell. Good luck with your sales!

LeeLu Creations said...

Good to know! I also have Artfire but the views, or lack thereof, that I get are horrible. I thought it would be easier to be seen on Artfire over Etsy but I guess the traffic just isn't there. I will also have to check out Big Cartel.

Celtic Cat said...

Etsy still gets more traffic than Artfire. Good luck with your new shop and BigCartel!

gypsy moon designs said...

Etsy does have the best traffic.

My Big Cartel shop got google indexed the very next day after set up. Thanks for posting you guys!

Countries that wear my designs!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com