Friday, June 26, 2009

My Own Website


A few weeks ago I took the first step towards my own website by purchasing my domain name. Last night I upgraded my shopping cart with Big Cartel and became official.

Learning new things is great for the brain and I am excited about mastering a new skill. CSS, SEO, HTML, CNAME...OMG...so much to grasp! I didn't realize that I would need to learn some html language to make my shop look visually nice. So, I will take baby steps with learning html. and all the steps to creating a stand alone website. Makes me appreciate how user friendly Etsy is.

It is such a busy time of year and I was thinking why am I doing this right now while production work is at full throttle. So, it will be small steps and I hope by September to have my shop looking pretty and having all the SEO steps in place. I am so new to the language of computers that I don't even know if I am saying things correctly! Ha ha!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to see your new site.

Kristin said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!

Celtic Cat said...

Good Luck with your Website!

Countries that wear my designs!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com