Friday, June 26, 2009

My Own Website


A few weeks ago I took the first step towards my own website by purchasing my domain name. Last night I upgraded my shopping cart with Big Cartel and became official.

Learning new things is great for the brain and I am excited about mastering a new skill. CSS, SEO, HTML, CNAME...OMG...so much to grasp! I didn't realize that I would need to learn some html language to make my shop look visually nice. So, I will take baby steps with learning html. and all the steps to creating a stand alone website. Makes me appreciate how user friendly Etsy is.

It is such a busy time of year and I was thinking why am I doing this right now while production work is at full throttle. So, it will be small steps and I hope by September to have my shop looking pretty and having all the SEO steps in place. I am so new to the language of computers that I don't even know if I am saying things correctly! Ha ha!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to see your new site.

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!

Celtic Cat said...

Good Luck with your Website!

Countries that wear my designs!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com