Sunday, February 15, 2009

Simply Asia



As the cook in the house there are days I want to create a fast and healthy meal. In the morning, before running off to my studio, I through in two pork country ribs into the slow cooker. I like to add garlic and crushed red peppers. You could use any meat to your liking.

I get home hours later and pull the pork out of the slow cooker, with Luna, my cat mewing like crazy! After giving little Luna her share, I shred the pork and place it in the skillet. Then put on a pot of water to boil, chose which flavor of Simply Asia to make. I like spicy so usually we have Spicy Szechuan. Plus, I love saying Spicy Szechuan.

So, the water is heating now and you just toss in a bag of frozen veggies into the skillet with the meat. I use asparagus stir fry. Add more crushed red chili, toss about until veggies are heated.

Toss in the Simply Asia noodles and cook 9 minutes. Drain, rinse, toss in skillet with meat and veggies. Add the Szechuan sause and toss, and diner is served.

Growing up our family rarely added salt to our meals. We were raised knowing that was not healthy. So, I am sensitive to prepared meals sodium levels. I really like Simply Asia because they are not overly salty.

I sure hope I didn't sound like a commercial! I just wanted to share this fast meal!

2 comments:

bea's blog said...

Hei!
Welcome to my blogs!
They might be of interest to you, specially www.rosebud-bea.blogspot.com.
You do many nice items; I made the same since 1991, but stopped now.
Enjoy!
Continental Greetings
Beatrice

Anonymous said...

It sounds yummy! I love to cook but sometimes a quick meal is all I want to make. Thanks for sharing.

Countries that wear my designs!
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com